La perezosa impaciente Teacher’s Manual
With hundreds of professional-quality photos, this digital teacher’s manual is extremely user-friendly, supportive, clear, and organized. Grab it and teach. Just add students!
Includes downloadable audiobook!
For Every Chapter
- ONE PAGE at-a-glance lesson plans in English
- Student Objectives: a series of statements beginning with “I can…” for student growth beyond simply reading
- Individual and group exercises, activities, and assignments addressing the Common Core ELA Standards
- Performance-based activities aligned with World-Readiness Standards
- Reproducible Quizzes and Tests to use as exit quizzes, check for understanding, unit exams with and without answers, and in various formats: fill in the blank, short answer, true or false
- Teaching strategies for different learning styles, comprehension questions for leading discussions, and classroom games.
- Substitute teacher lesson plans
- Essential chapter vocabulary
Features and Highlights
- The Essential Question: a focused theme throughout the book for students to connect to their experience.
- Character exploration exercises to explore their world, fears, and motivations
- Innovative Story Map graphic organizer builds the Common Core skill of analyzing character development as the plot moves toward resolution
- Assignments for making Personal Connections so students can relate the material to their own lives
- Predict the plot and imagine alternative storylines
- Web links for deeper exploration through videos and slideshows of cultures, locations, and other topics
- Word Clouds based on vocabulary frequency
- High-quality photography of Colombia and Guatemala daily life, food, transportation, geography etc.
- Landscapes to help visualize the story in context
- Songs to listen to, learn, and sing
- Listening comprehension exercises
Beyond the Book
- Supplementary authentic resources for cultural exploration
- Resources about Colombia and about coffee production and industry
- Resources to explore the life of sloths, anteaters, armadillos, and more
- Resources on environmental issues surrounding cattle grazing and tropical forests
- Learn about La Madremonte
- many more resources, too!