Tumba — Teacher’s Manual
With tons of professional-quality photos, this digital teacher’s manual is extremely user-friendly, supportive, clear, and organized. Grab it and teach. Just add students!
For Every Chapter
- Complete student-friendly lesson plans tied to I can… statements and an Essential Question
- Individual and group exercises and assignments
- Reproducible comprehension Quizzes and Tests
- Teaching strategies for different learning styles, comprehension questions for leading discussions, and classroom games.
- Essential chapter vocabulary
- Chapter comics
Features and Highlights
- The Essential Question: a focused theme throughout the book for students to connect to their experience.
- Character exploration exercises to explore their world, fears, and motivations
- Assignments for making Personal Connections so students can relate the material to their own lives
- Predict the plot and imagine alternative storylines
- Web links for deeper exploration through videos and slideshows of cultures, locations, and other topics
- Word Clouds based on vocabulary frequency
- Quality on-location, full-color photographs to help visualize the story in context
- Embedded readings
Beyond the Book
- Supplementary authentic resources for cultural exploration
- Learn about Dia de los Muertos!
- Extended readings about a school day, calaveras, Pátzcuaro y la Isla de Janitzio, altars, and the Mexican Revolution.
- Enrichment activities for each chapter