Rival Teacher’s Manual
With 18 slideshows of professional-quality photos, this digital teacher’s manual is extremely user-friendly, supportive, clear, and organized. Grab it and teach. Just add students!
For Every Chapter
- Complete Student-friendly lesson plans tied to I can… statements and an Essential Question
- Individual and group exercises and assignments
- Reproducible comprehension Quizzes and Tests
- Teaching strategies for different learning styles, comprehension questions for leading discussions, and classroom games.
- Essential chapter vocabulary
Features and Highlights
- The Essential Question: a focused theme throughout the book for students to connect to their experience.
- Story Map graphic organizer builds the Common Core skill of analyzing character development as the plot moves toward resolution
- Extensive photos with comprehensible text of: Sevilla, Córdoba, Toledo, Jaén, Segovia
- Assignments for making Personal Connections so students can relate the material to their own lives
- Predict the plot and imagine alternative storylines
- Web links for deeper exploration through videos and slideshows of cultures, locations, and other topics
- Word Clouds based on vocabulary frequency
- Quality on-location, full-color photographs to help visualize the story in context
Beyond the Book
- Supplementary authentic resources for cultural exploration
- Learn about the history of Islam and Christianity in Spain
- The Battle of Las Navas de Tolosa
- Discover the food, architecture, art, and more of medieval Spain
- and much more!