El Escape Cubano Teacher’s Manual
With hundreds of professional-quality photos, this 250+ page digital teacher’s manual is extremely user-friendly, supportive, clear, and organized. Grab it and teach. Just add students!
This CD version of the teacher’s manual is the same as the downloadable version. Choose the digital download version to receive this product instantly and pay no shipping!
For Every Chapter
- ONE PAGE at-a-glance lesson plans in English
- Student Objectives: a series of statements beginning with “I can…” for student growth beyond simply reading
- Individual and group exercises, activities, and assignments addressing the Common Core ELA Standards
- Performance-based activities aligned with World-Readiness Standards
- Reproducible Quizzes and Tests to use as exit quizzes, check for understanding, unit exams with and without answers, and in various formats: fill in the blank, short answer, true or false
- Teaching strategies for different learning styles, comprehension questions for leading discussions, and classroom games.
- Substitute teacher lesson plans
- Essential chapter vocabulary
Features and Highlights
- The Essential Question: a focused theme throughout the book for students to connect to their experience.
- Character exploration exercises to explore their world, fears, and motivations
- Innovative Story Map graphic organizer builds the Common Core skill of analyzing character development as the plot moves toward resolution
- Assignments for making Personal Connections so students can relate the material to their own lives
- Predict the plot and imagine alternative storylines
- Web links for deeper exploration through videos and slideshows of cultures, locations, and other topics
- Word Clouds based on vocabulary frequency
- High-quality on-location photography of Cuban daily life, food, transportation, etc.
Beyond the Book
- Supplementary authentic resources for cultural exploration
- Cuban Classic Cars resources
- Real stories of surviving escapes from Cuba