Agua tóxica Teacher’s Manual
With professional-quality photos, this digital teacher’s manual is extremely user-friendly, supportive, clear, and organized. Grab it and teach. Just add students!
Agua tóxica is best used as a sequel or backstory to El capibara con botas.
The book builds on the vocabulary of El capibara con botas.
First-semester Spanish. Great for elementary, middle school, and high school alike.
For Every Chapter
- ONE PAGE at-a-glance lesson plans in English
- Student Objectives: a series of statements beginning with “I can…” for student growth beyond simply reading
- Individual and group exercises, activities, and assignments addressing the Common Core ELA Standards
- Performance-based activities aligned with World-Readiness Standards
- Reproducible Quizzes and Tests to use as exit quizzes, check for understanding, unit exams with and without answers, and in various formats: fill in the blank, short answer, true or false
- Teaching strategies for different learning styles, comprehension questions for leading discussions, and classroom games.
- Substitute teacher lesson plans
- Essential chapter vocabulary
Features and Highlights
- The Essential Question: a focused theme throughout the book for students to connect to their experience.
- Character exploration activities
- Assignments for making Personal Connections so students can relate the material to their own lives
- Predict the plot and imagine alternative storylines
- Web links for deeper exploration through videos and slideshows of cultures, locations, and other topics
- Word Clouds
- High-quality photography
- Listening comprehension exercises
Beyond the Book
- Supplementary authentic resources for cultural exploration
- Resources to explore South American geography, Peru, animals of the Amazon
- Global challenges: balancing petroleum extraction, overproduction of plastics, deforestation, and pollution